Classes run more smoothly and students are better able to focus on their day if everyone arrives to class on time. In order to encourage all members of the Side by Side community to arrive on time, we have adopted the following regulations regarding tardiness:
- The regular school day starts at 9:00. Children who are not a part of the early morning program may sit in the lobby after 8:30.
- Classes begin at 9:00, and all students should be in their classes and ready to begin work at this time.
- Children and parents who arrive at school after 9:10 will need to sign in at the office and obtain a late pass in order to enter the child's classroom.
- Children who arrive after 9:10 must be brought into the building by a parent or they will not be allowed up to their classrooms.
- If a child arrives after 9:10 four or more times in a month, that child's parent or guardian will be asked to meet with the teacher, director, or social worker to discuss solutions to the problem.